Frequently Asked Questions
Getting Settled in Waseca
Application for Utility Service
Residential Deposits: $125.00
Commercial Deposits: Will be based on prior annual bills.
Utility Bill Cycle:
Bills are due on or before the 15th of each month to avoid late penalty charges equal to 10% of the account balance.
In cases where the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day is considered the due date.
Payment Options: Payments can be mailed or placed on the drop boxes that are collected daily. Waseca Utilities has drop boxes in 3 locations:
1. Customer Service Counter at Hy-Vee - 1230 State Street North
2. Drive-thru on north side of City Hall - 508 South State Street
Electronic Bank Payments: Waseca Utilities offers electronic bank payment of utility bills. For more information, please call our utility office at 835-9718.
1. If full payment is not made by the due date, a 10% penalty of the balance will be added and your account may be subject to further action.
2. A disconnect or limiting meter notice may be issued if past due balance remains unpaid.
3. Delinquent utility accounts may be turned over to a collection agency or placed as special assessments against properties.
MISCELLANEOUS PHONE NUMBERS:
Gopher-State One Call: 1-800-252-1166 Homeowners, excavators and contractors need to call the Gopher-State One Call 48 hours prior to any digging.
You may also contact City Hall at 835-9700 between the business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.