CITY OF WASECA WINTER PARKING RESTRICTIONSNOTIFICATION OF THREATENING ADVERSE WEATHER
City Hall will be back open to the public on Thursday, October 22. Thank you for your patience on this matter.
The October 20, 2020 Council Packet is now available....
The City of Waseca is committed to providing equal opportunity in all areas of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, demotion, promotion, transfer, selection, lay-off, disciplinary action, termination, compensation and selection for training. The City of Waseca will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, disability, age, marital status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, familial status, or membership on a local human rights commission or lawful participation in the Minnesota Medical Cannabis Patient Registry.
Firefighters - Paid On-Call
Be a hometown hero by serving your community as a part-time firefighter!
The City of Waseca is seeking paid on-call part-time firefighters.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license
- Must be able to respond to fires and other emergencies and live within 10 minutes of the Waseca Fire Station
- Basic 1403 Firefighting training (required by OSHA)
- MN Dept. of Health First Responder Training
- Previous Firefighting experience, First Aid/CPR Certified
Employment based on satisfactory results of background investigation, recruitment testing instruments, physical and/or psychological examinations.
- Serving you community
- Pay of $10.61 per hour
- Pension benefits through the Fire Relief Association
- Paid training
- Camaraderie and fun events
For more information, read the Job Description.
Apply now by completing the Job Application and returning it to the City of Waseca, ATTN: Human Resources, 508 South State Street, Waseca, MN 56093, email it to HumanResources@ci.waseca.mn.us. The application deadline is October 31, 2020, at 4 p.m.