The City of Waseca is committed to providing equal opportunity in all areas of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, demotion, promotion, transfer, selection, lay-off, disciplinary action, termination, compensation and selection for training. The City of Waseca will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, disability, age, marital status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, familial status, or membership on a local human rights commission or lawful participation in the Minnesota Medical Cannabis Patient Registry.
Visitation and Exchange Monitor: Part-Time
Under limited supervision, this service position monitors visits and exchanges of non-custodial parents and their child(ren) at the Connections visitation center. Visitation and Exchange Monitors follow the center’s policy and procedures to ensure the overall safety of the clients.
Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- High school diploma of GED
- One year of clerical and/or customer service experience.
The starting pay for this position is $10.61 per hour.
To apply for this position, please send a completed application, resume, and cover letter to Human Resources.
- Mail: City Hall, Attn: Human Resources, 508 State Street South, Waseca, MN 56093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 507-835-9756
Police Reserve Volunteers
Are you interested in helping protect and serve Waseca’s citizens and visitors in a part-time, volunteer capacity? The Waseca Police Reserves currently has openings for qualified persons to join our team.
Chartered in 1974, the Waseca Police Reserves are a volunteer unit of the Waseca Police Department and provide assistance to the WPD through patrol services, educational events, traffic control and security at Waseca’s parades and festivals, and much more. The unit meets once per month and each Reserve Officer is scheduled a weekend evening patrol shift 1-2 times per month. Reserve Officers do not have the same authority as a licensed MN Peace Officer and are limited in their enforcement powers. Uniforms and training are provided on an ongoing basis.
To be considered for employment, potential applicants must:
- File a written application on the form prescribed and furnished by the City of Waseca.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Reside within the boundaries of the Waseca Public Schools District.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid Minnesota Driver's License and have a good driving record.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- Submit to fingerprinting, background check, police contacts check, oral interviews and/or any other type of examination and/or testing as may be prescribed by the Chief of Police.
- Be in good general health.
To apply for this position, please send a completed application form by mail to the City of Waseca, Attn: Human Resources, 508 S. State Street, Waseca, MN 56093, or by email to HumanResources@ci.waseca.mn.us. This position is open until filled.
Questions about the Reserve Unit program can be directed to the Waseca Police Department, 507-835-9720.