Waseca Utilities508 State St South
8:00am to 4:30pm
Monday through Friday (Excluding some holidays)
Application for Residential & Commercial Service
(Electric, Water, and Sewer)
All customers must complete an application for utility service. Click for a Residential or Commercial utility application. A picture identification (driver's license or state identification card) and a social security card (or other accepted form of ID) need to be presented at time of application. Please contact us at least 1 to 2 days prior to moving in or out to ensure timely reading of your meter(s).
General Deposit Policies
- Deposits are required of customers and must be paid at time of application.
- Residential Deposit: $125.00
- Commercial Deposit: Based on prior annual bills.
- Waseca Utilities may require larger deposits at our discretion when a customer has been identified as a credit risk. The customer must pay all delinquent accounts in full before service will be provided at another location.
- Credit references will not be accepted in lieu of deposits.
- Deposits will be credited to the account with interest after 12 consecutive on-time payments or at the time the account is closed.
Utility meter readings are obtained once a month through radio read frequency. In the event that we are unable to obtain a meter reading, your bill will be estimated.
Rate schedules are approved by the Waseca City Council and are available from the Utility Billing office upon request.
Utility Bill Cycle
Utility bills are mailed before or on the last business day of each month.
Bills are due on or before the 15th of each month to avoid late penalty charges equal to 10% of the account balance. In cases where the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the next business day is considered the due date.
- If full payment is not made by the due date, a penalty of 10% of the balance will be added, and your account may be subject to further action.
- A disconnect notice may be issued if the past due balance remains unpaid.
- Delinquent utility accounts may be turned over to a collection agency or placed as special assessments against properties.
Disconnection / Re-Connection Charges for Nonpayment
- Disconnection Fee: $25.00
- Reconnection Fee: $25.00
(Reconnection will only occur between the hours of 9:00am & 3:00pm.)
An additional deposit will be required as outlined in the disconnection notice.
- Payments can be made at the Utility Billing office during normal business hours by cash, check, money order or credit/debit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover both in person and via telephone at (507) 835-9718.
- Payments can also be mailed. Please allow adequate mailing time so that the payment is received in our office no later than the 15th of the month.
- Electronic Bank Payment of Utility Bills - Payments will be deducted the 15th of each month. In cases where the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, the bill amount will be deducted from your checking or savings account on the next business day. To sign up for the electronic bank payment program, complete and submit the Bank AutoPay Form. For more information, please call our utility office at (507) 835-9718.
- Pay or view your bill online by clicking here.
- Use PSN's mobile app. Download the "PSN Payments" app to pay using your smartphone. Note: Register online to set up your login info before you use the app.
- Payments may be placed in our drive-thru silver drop box located on the north side of City Hall, 508 State Street South. Please do not place cash payments in the drop box.
Miscellaneous Phone Numbers
- CenterPoint Energy - Minnegasco: 1-800-245-2377
- Mediacom: 1-800-332-0245
- Consolidated Communications (formerly Enventis): 1-888-386-6430
- Hickory Tech: 1-866-442-5679
- Waste Management: 1-800-222-6214
- Stewart Sanitation: 1-888-451-0976
- Hometown Haulers: 1-507-633-6000
- LJP Enterprise, Inc.: 1-507-625-5746
- Century Link - US West / Qwest: 1-800-244-1111
- Consolidated Communications: 1-888-386-6430
- Jaguar Communications: 1-800-584-6685
- Mediacom: 1-800-332-0245
- Hickory Tech: 1-888-386-6430
- US Link: 1-800-450-4000
You may also contact City Hall at (507) 835-9700 between the business hours of 8:00am. to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Minnesota Prairie County Alliance (formerly Waseca County Human Services):
299 Johnson Ave SW
Minnesota Valley Action Council (Waseca):
108 10th Avenue S.E.
Minnesota Valley Action Council (Mankato):
Neighborhood Service Center
203 3rd Ave NW
Salvation Army Heat Share:
United Way 211:
Waseca Community information is available at the Waseca Area Chamber of Commerce at 112 North State Street between the hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm or by calling (507) 835-3260. Services available include calendar of events, tourist information, phone books, and relocation information.
Additional Contact Information Lori Hanson, Utility Billing Supervisor can be reached at (507) 835-9717 or by email: click here.
If household members require electricity for medical necessary equipment, please read MN Statute 216B.098 regarding protections and requirements.
Call Before You Dig!!
Homeowners, excavators, and contractors need to call Gopher State One Call 48 hours prior to any digging. The toll free number is: 1-800-252-1166, or email from the Gopher State One Call website.