The Water Utility is operated under the authority of the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). All Environmental Protection Agency regulations are administered by the MDH. Waseca's water utility is classified as a Class C distribution system. This means that employees must be State certified operators.
- 3,200+ monthly customer billings
- Water quality monitoring
- Debt oversight
- Metered commercial and industrial sales
- Water main system operation
- Operator training
- Water well system operation
- Capital planning / coordination
- Metered residential sales
- To improve activities for water system in a manner which will assure the best possible use of personnel, equipment, materials and funding
- To reduce the incident of complaints
- To continue planning of distribution system and well enhancements
- To comply with State health standards and associated requirements
- To comply with OSHA regulations
- Striving to provide quality drinking water at a reasonable cost
- Improve education of State licensed employees and department cross training of WWTP operators
- Computer generated tap permits and infrastructure map upgrades
Meter Reading / Customer Billing / Administration
- Costs for these departments are shared between water, sanitary sewer and electric on a 33%, 33%, 34% allocation respectively.
- Provides for principal and interest on debt costs from 2001, and 2005 bond issues, principal of $155,000 and interest of $8,475.
- Bond issues are scheduled for defeasance in 2016 and 2017.
- Director of Utilities (33% allocation)
- Utility Office Technician (33% allocation)
- Utilities Office Manager (33% allocation)
- 1.5 certified operators