Effective April 1, 2005, animal licensing fees are required for pet owners. Your animals can be licensed at the Waseca Police Department during regular business hours (8:00am - 4:30pm). The license tags are good for one year.
The following licensing fees have been established:
- $5.00 each for spayed / neutered animals
- $15.00 each for not spayed / neutered animals
- $25.00 for three (3) or more dogs / cats
- $25.00 for Chicken Permit fee (up to 5 chickens allowed)
- $150.00 for Dangerous Dog Registration
Animal Impound Fees:
- Licensed Animals - 1st time offense: $15.00
- Unlicensed Animals - 1st time offense: $20.00
- Licensed Animals - 2nd offense: $30.00
- Unlicensed Animals - 2nd offense: $45.00
- Licensed Animals - 3rd offense: $60.00
- Unlicensed Animals - 3rd offense: $75.00
In addition to licensing fees, the City Council has established fees for impounded animals. For convenience, citizens may register their animals early starting March 1, 2005. A 2019 Animal License and brochure can be downloaded. You will also need a license for any Exotic Animals you have. If desired, the certificate can be completed and printed to save time at the police department. Otherwise, forms will be available at the police department.
Any person violating any provision of this article shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. The full ordinance language can be found on the web.
**NEW! The Waseca Police Department accepts Visa, Mastercard and Discover card.